PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) operates a coal mine in Sangatta East Kalimantan and is one of the largest export coal mines in the world. Opportunity exists for a seasoned, high caliber, professional to join the Company with job Assignment in Sengata-East Kalimantan for the positions of:
Specialist Computer Operations
* Design Cabling and network configuration specific to KPC requirement to maximize the performance of the data communication systems.
* Set-up and test data communications and network devices based on the approved design to ensure the required objectives are achieved.
* Monitor and maintenance the daily network performance to ensure the systems operate at acceptable service level to meet the needs of KPC operations.
* Perform remedial and diagnostic maintenance by investigating operational problems to identify possible errors and failures in the systems and to apply appropriate troubleshooting methodology to fix the problems.
* Analyse the current systems to identify and any areas of improvement to ensure the systems are in line with KPC Operational requirement and technology advancement.
* Initiate actions to upgrade the current systems based on the detailed analysis for improving the performance of the systems.
* Manage the operations of Local Area Network (inc. but not limited to switches ,bridges, wireless), and Wide Area Network (inc. but not limited to VPN/ remote access service, internet link, routers, proxy & web filter, firewall, security and Demarcation Zone).
* Operates network monitoring, filtering and reporting tools (Cisco LMS, PRTG, Solarwinds Orion, Hostmonitor, Sniffer investigator, ect).
* Liaise with relevant consultants, contractors, provider and vendors to keep update with the current technology and to outsource improvement and upgrading projects.
* Maintain technical documentation of system design configurations and charge log-book.
* Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree / Post Graduate Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
* Have CISCO or other relevant certifications from recognized organizations. (Cisco CCNP or CCVP Preferred).
* Preferably Senior Staffs specializing in IT/Computer - Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent.
* Have 3 years experience and proven skills in administering and troubleshooting data communication system.
* Having good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Full-Time positions available.